Every company desires a strong Instagram presence. This is due to Instagram’s enormous and active user base, which helps brands reach a wider audience. Furthermore, the platform has many content curation capabilities that can help you keep your brand alive. The food and beverage business has found Instagram influencer marketing to be extremely effective. Not only has the platform provided a platform for restaurants and cafés to promote themselves, but it has also allowed them to communicate with their target audience. To use Instagram for marketing, one must devise techniques that allow people to connect. Furthermore, social media can’t be counted out as a source of fierce competition between restaurants and cafes. Therefore, it’s much more important to develop distinctive Instagram influencer
Instagram influencer marketing for the food industry
The current $7 billion spent on Instagram influencer marketing will rise to $8,080 billion by 2020. In addition, the amount of brand-sponsored influencer posts on Instagram is predicted to rise to 6.12 million by 2020, from 4.95 million now. The statistics are undeniable: Instagram influencer marketing is here to stay. Influencers’ power is growing, and it will have a significant impact on how people shop. The need for influencer marketing is more so in the food industry that helps boost the popularity and increases sales of the business. When it comes to choosing the appropriate influencer for your brand, there are a few things to consider.
- Are they in line with the brand’s ethics and values?
- Is their involvement at the level of an influencer?
- How much money should I set aside? What do Influencers charge for advertisements?
- These are the most important considerations to make when approaching an influencer.
To get the most out of your money, you must get the highest degree of engagement possible. Users that follow that influencer are likely to share their interests, so choosing an influencer who aligns with what you’re trying to promote will have the greatest impact.
Types of influencers for marketing the food industry
Within the food and beverage industry, well-known influencers are extremely effective.
They’re professionals in promotional content, so they know just what kind of posting will boost a company’s sales. The benefits of partnering with a well-known influencer include more visibility for your business, which will result in more sales or reservations at your restaurant. They’re also knowledgeable and can have a big influence on their audience, so if they like the feel or taste of your product, their followers will want to learn more about it.
Micro-influencers, despite their name, can have a significant impact on your food and beverage business. The benefit of dealing with micro-influencers is that, because they’re attempting to build their brand, they’re not as price-conscious as experienced influencers. They also have a high rate of engagement. This means you can go in with a gift option, giving them a product in exchange for a post, which is a far more cost-effective choice for your business. Working with a bunch of micro-influencers rather than one larger account can be more effective in getting your product in front of a wider audience.
Influencer marketing on Instagram
It’s no surprise that social media influencers utilise Instagram as their major platform, with over 1 billion monthly active users (and over 500,000 of them active every day). Instagram has become a social media refuge for younger generations, even though it still trails Facebook in engaged social networks. Millennials (ages 24-34) are the most popular cohort, followed by Gen Z (18-24). These two age groups combined account for 71% of Instagram’s active user base. Influencers can see which age group dominates their following using tools like Instagram Analytics. Instagram is where active users go to be persuaded. A recent poll performed by Facebook Business yielded good results for the platform. Brand-led communication, such as influencer marketing initiatives, is important for connecting users to a brand’s voice and products. This marketing strategy is a brand’s first step in building a loyal customer base. To take it a step further, 87 per cent of active Instagram users did the following activities after engaging with product-related content.
The way to bringing about change is to use Instagram content. Users have two options for publishing content: posts or stories. They may also select whether to post photos (the more common choice) or video content with each. Photo material performs better – but this varies depending on the influencer and the niche they work in. Sponsored material is more prevalent in many Instagram posts, accounting for 66% of all sponsored content distribution on the platform worldwide. Even though photo content is far more popular than video content, Instagram stories and IGTV are fueling a surge in video content. In addition to the creative alternatives available on Instagram, today’s consumers understand how to use hashtags to identify the ideal influencer to follow in their niche. Consumers in the garment and shoe industry are the most active and likely to convert. Food and beverages, as well as consumer gadgets, come in second and third, respectively. Influencer rivalry is more intense in categories where customers are more likely to convert. Influencers must now compete with the industry by providing a true, niche-focused opinion on some of the world’s highest-converting areas, such as fashion.
Instagram Influencer Marketing strategies for food industry businesses
- Restaurants and cafes have a lot to show off to their customers. The greatest approach to show your audience what you have to offer is through your Instagram profile. Everything from the interior design of your restaurant/café to the delectable food you offer can be included in your creative postings.Users will have a better notion of what to expect when they visit your store as a result of this. Add Instagram user-generated material to your feed. People enjoy photographing and sharing their restaurant meals on Instagram. Allow people to add the location of your restaurant to their Instagram posts by enabling geotagging for your restaurant. This allows you to quickly locate all of the photos taken at your restaurant, choose them, and share them with your Instagram account. User-generated content functions in the same way that word-of-mouth does. The more content highlighting your shared restaurant, the more likely it is that people will want to try it. User-generated material also aids in the promotion of a company’s image and credibility. It also improves user engagement on the platform.
2. When it comes to restaurant Instagram marketing, hashtags are essential. These are the greatest Instagram discoverability tools, and you may use up to 30 of them in a single post. For your content, use both wide and narrow, brand-specific hashtags.
3. While Instagram Live and Instagram Stories are fun to use, The greatest approach to keep your audience engaged with your brand is to use Instagram Reels. Instagram Reels, like TikTok, has now taken over and is being enjoyed by users.
4. Food bloggers, food photographers, and food stylists are all experts in their fields. Find F&B Influencers with a large audience and great content development skills. Food stylists and photographers are trained to display your cuisine in the most appealing way possible. Food bloggers are also skilled at taking high-quality photographs with all of the necessary backdrops and extras. Collaborate with food bloggers and stylists to develop an Instagram visual library of your menu to entice customers to try it.
5. What good is it to put in all that time and work if only half of your target audience sees your content? Instagram marketing requires you to post when the majority of your audience is online. You can explore this using social media analytics tools. Make sure you pay attention to such periods because they can have a big impact on your post stats.
Influencer marketing is a terrific approach to acquire traction and promote your restaurant in this day and age of social media. Influencers can help you build a following, increase sales, or simply spread the word about your company. Whatever the case may be, now is a great time to start thinking about your influencer marketing strategy.